Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Came across Google SketchUp

I was looking for a lightweight tool that would allow me to draw geometrical shapes and easily show dimensions on them. Since my network speed is kinda low, I possibly can't download softwares like CorelDraw.  That's why I was looking for an online tool, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything of that sort. After searching a while, I came across Google SketchUp which was only 36MB in size. Till today, I wasn't even aware that Google had such a tool.

A really light weight application, that is easily downloadable. Great for building 3D models, and easily sharing them online. You can also build 3D models of buildings and share them on Google Earth. How cool is that!!!
I wasn't actually looking for a 3D modelling software but perhaps it satisfied my needs. The only thing I didnt like about SketchUp is that the circle never looked like a circle. They always look like a polygon with many sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment